Friday, December 4, 2009

Slutcracker Profile: Havana Tormenta

Real name / stage name:
Sarah Gillis/Havana Tormenta

Describe your artistic life before/outside of The Slutcracker, this year's or last.
I danced from preschool until about halfway through high school, when I quit ballet to play rugby. I have also been singing since I was little, and sang a capella in college, where I met my best friend, who persuaded me to try out for Big Moves last year. I did, and it didn't take them very long to convince me to give burlesque a try. And I love it.



What is your favorite accessory/clothing item/sparkly thing to don?
A long shimmery pink sequined top that's kind of see-through.

What do you do as a contributing member of society, and how do you feel about said contribution? Are you shooting for the stars? Are you landing on the moon? Are you sick of career metaphors and doing shrooms behind the tent at your college reunions?
Right now I work at Whole Foods, but I plan to go back to school this year to get my degree in English, and then go to grad school to become a librarian, and maybe someday get into literary translation too. As for the shrooms, I'll let you know after I graduate.

If I wanted to get you drunk enough for . . . I don't know, the best thing you can think of, what would I order?
Tequila. In any form.

Best song to dance to, of all time:
I'm going to have to agree with Femme Brulée on this one and say 'I Want You Back' by the Jackson 5 . . . it's one of my favorite songs ever.

Stance on healthcare reform:
Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment