Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Slutcracker Profile: Katrina Galore


Katrina Galore, As Herself

Describe your artistic life before/outside of The Slutcracker, this year's or last:
I have long been a part of Boston/NYC’s retro-fetish/punk-burlesque/art-tart scenes (scenes I might have made up). I am currently a dancer for Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys and VARIETAE/PERSONAE, as well as acting Minister of Information for the S.N.A.F.U. Restoration Project. Other projects: PAN9, Women of Sodom, Gomorrah, Mother NYC's Bettie Page Realness, Grindhouse Marionettes, and Terrorsex Cabaret, and I have opened for Nine Inch Nails, Dresden Dolls, Tiger Lillies, Beat Circus, HUMANWINE, Lisa Suckdog, Dame Darcy, and more.

What is your favorite accessory/clothing item/sparkly thing to don?
TOO MANY CHOICES. My current favorite outfit is a black Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress with a custom faux-ruby & silver choker by Archeress Arts.

What do you do as a contributing member of society, and how do you feel about said contribution?
I contribute giddy conversation, T&A, the best chocolate-chip cookies, and a sense of melancholic wonder to the universe. I think the universe needs to thank me already and quit kicking the back of my chair.


Katrina Galore, The Persona

If I wanted to get you drunk enough for . . . I don't know, the best thing you can think of, what would I order?
A Lemon Drop—wait, make that 4 Lemon Drops.

Best song to dance to, of all time:
“Blue Monday” by New Order

Stance on healthcare reform:
Universal. National. Healthcare. Now. I think when (and I do hope it's "when," not "if") the US adopts a public option/national healthcare, we will all look back on this whole debate with amazement. It will be as ridiculous to us in the future as the scene of rival firemen brigades fighting each other while a building burns in "Gangs of New York" is to us now.

1 comment:

  1. Just happened across your blog here... and am thrilled at the mention. :) I'm so glad one of my chokers remains among your favorites!

    ReplyDelete